|This toilet was decorated with wedding notes from a couple who met at Meredith|
|This toilet print is beautifully 80s|
|The Necks: Perfect morning music.|
|Sampa the Great: Bona fide hiphop queen!|
|Songhoy Blues: He can dance!|
|The door to the heaven or hell?|
|Freddie Gibbs: Needs a clock around his neck so he can arrive on time|
|Koi Child: Not that coy.|
|Suen Kuti & Egypt 80: Bad viewing position|
|Sunset is truly magical here. And I hate saying this hippy shit.|
|Sleater Kinney: I can admit I was wrong.|
|Violent Femmes: I'll punch you in the face if you say they're crap.|
|Eddy Current Suppression Ring: Achievement Unlocked. Mind blown.|
I'm glad the festival is only two days, and I've learned what I need to do for next year:
- Go with friends. Although I hung out with a few people over the weekend, camping alone was a silly choice. I need to make sure if I go again next year (or head to Meredith Music Festival in October) that I camp with a big group of people. A base of operations seemed great, somewhere to hang out and chill with others more intimately.
- Take a car. Although I don't drive, I'll be willing to pay for a car, or even a campervan for the weekend. It's the convenience of having a car for your stuff mostly, but also to get out of the weather.
- Take a big tent. Even if I do go alone, I want a tent. To be able to stand up and change clothes, or sit and chill by myself or with another.
- Take a chair and / or rug. Find a decent spot in the Sup and make that a go to place for the weekend.
- Take less food. The food there is good and not too expensive. I took food to share, but didn't really find anyone near me who was in a state to eat.
- Take more beer. I went craft beers, but I should have just grabbed a slab of Dr Tims for half the price, that way I could buy more cocktails and T-shirts.
- Get a Telstra sim. Just for the weekend. Phone reception is terrible for all the other carriers.
- Take thongs. They say not to wear thongs, but having to put my shoes on at 3am in the dark just to take a piss was annoying.
|Golden Plains: Festival of the boot.|